Translucent fabrics, which are light and airy gives a feminine feeling and are perfect to introduce layers in your look. May b, this is a reason why sheer is hot on the runways. From sheer skirts and peekaboo panels to see-through gowns, the International celebrities seemed to be besotted by the trend. Sheer clothing has always had its share of controversies and drawbacks in the previous years, but thanks to the changing trends and inclusion of sheer in a variety of trends and looks, it now seems to be everyone’s favourite. Everybody wants to have a piece of sheer in their look, Literally!!
Let’s have a look at how sheer can be included in your wardrobe and look, this season.
1) Sheer Skirts: Show off your toned legs behind the ultra feminine sheer or veil skirt. Sheer skirts or leg veils look beautiful on all shapes – from slim models to the voluptuous ones. Choose a print to go with like you can opt for polka or floral or just go black for a gothic look. One can create their own sexy or cute look out of this, by choosing the right skirt and fabric.
2) Sheer Hems and Exposed Shoulders : Wanna show off but don’t want to reveal too much. Then, see-through accents towards shoulders and arms will look just perfect. It will give a minimalistic look, while giving an edge to the complete look.
3) See Through Gowns : This is for the bold and beautiful. Delicate, embellished or layered, see-through gowns can definitely make the heads turn. Pair it with ankle strap heels and subtle make-up.
4) Sheer Lace: Elegant, refined and sophisticated! Sheer lace is a must-have in a girl’s wardrobe. Choose pastel colours or shades of white for lace and pair it with minimal accessories. Opt for a sheer lace skirt or dress in various lengths and colours.
Some tips to sport the sheer look without baring it all :
- Highlight your assets. If you have toned arms, go for sheer sleeves, if you have sexy legs, then opt for sheer skirt, same goes for the mid-riff. Inject it subtly in your clothing.
- Opt for neutral and pastel colours and try to keep the whole look minimal and natural.
- Embellished fabrics are a good option for those not comfortable with complete sheer or transparent fabric.
- Fabrics like chiffon, tulle, lace in different colours can also be opted for a sheer look.